Invision Outdoors

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Invision Outdoors

A hunting community to help us learn from one another

4 posters

Heck of a way to start out the shed season

I.O. KyleDew
    I.O. KyleDew
    10 Point

Heck of a way to start out the shed season Empty Heck of a way to start out the shed season

Post by I.O. KyleDew Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:10 pm

It was late February and i hadn't really even went out looking for sheds yet. But it was a bright sunny day and i justgot home from school. I was walking up onto the back porch, carrying all my books, and just took a glance out in the backyard. I caught a glimpse of something white out under the pine trees in our backyard. I kept saying "Man that is a weird looking stick." But being the shed nut i am, i knew it wan't a stick. So i ran into the house, got the camera and binocualrs and ran out to see if it was actually a shed. Turns out it actually was a shed and a nice one at that. It was off a buck me and dad had been watching down at the foodplot all season. We knew he was a 3 year old and wanted to give him one more year. We also got this buck on camera the year before and it had a hole on its neck from something. My mom had also found the shed to the same buck the year before. Hes just bound and determined to be killed by one of the Dews. Very Happy
    Here is the game camera pictures of him from 2 years ago.
    [img]Heck of a way to start out the shed season 008_210[/img]
    [img]Heck of a way to start out the shed season 009_210[/img]
    Here is the shed mom found last year.
    [img]Heck of a way to start out the shed season Moms_s10[/img]
    Here are the game camera pictures of him this year.
    [img]Heck of a way to start out the shed season Imag0010[/img]
    [img]Heck of a way to start out the shed season Imag0011[/img]
    And here is the shed of him that i found in the backyard this year.
    [img]Heck of a way to start out the shed season 1_nike10[/img]
    [img]Heck of a way to start out the shed season 1_nike11[/img]
    [img]Heck of a way to start out the shed season 1_nike12[/img]
    buckbuster217
    buckbuster217
    Fork Horn

Heck of a way to start out the shed season Empty Re: Heck of a way to start out the shed season

Post by buckbuster217 Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Nice find Kyle and a nice buck! hope to see some hero pics with you or your dad behind him this year!
    IOBSpears
    IOBSpears
    10 Point

Heck of a way to start out the shed season Empty Re: Heck of a way to start out the shed season

Post by IOBSpears Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Shows some great growth, Nice shed. You probably dont know this but I hate to pick up sheds..........unless they fall off a deers head LOL
    I.O. Eric
    I.O. Eric
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Eric Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:21 am

This buck we were worried about when we first saw the injury. Then my wife found one side of his sheds. And then to have him show up the next year adding a few inches and looking healthy we were more than pumped. So next year the chase continues.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:01 am