Invision Outdoors

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Invision Outdoors

A hunting community to help us learn from one another

3 posters

training beagles

Maslow1
    Spike Horn

training beagles Empty training beagles

Post by Maslow1 Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:09 pm

anybody know how to train a beagle. my beagle is alittle slow and very stubborn these days. i usually hunt with other people but lately ive been hunting by myself with just my beagle
    I.O. Eric
    I.O. Eric
    12 Point

training beagles Empty Re: training beagles

Post by I.O. Eric Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:47 am

How old is your beagle ? Pups it is nice to have a starter pin or a drag trail. An older dog you have to just get out and find the rabbits and put it on them. Working your dog almost daily will improve its tracking and running a great deal.
    I.O. DARREN DEW
    I.O. DARREN DEW
    8 Poimt

Post by I.O. DARREN DEW Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Just have to keep at it, sometimes they can be stubburn. But you keep putting them in the bunnies it will come around. But yeah I always have my older female to help work the tracks with the pups. But yeah the more time you put in the dogs, the progress you will see.
    Maslow1
    Spike Horn

Post by Maslow1 Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 pm

my beagle is around 2 1/2 years old.he used to listen really well to me but havent turned him loose for about a year.this year is the first ive had him out running rabbits.none of my uncles will hunt with him anymore because he sniffed a deer track aand ran it a bit so they claim but hes never really ran a deer that ive noticed until this year he ran a deer trail but i smacked him and after that he never ran a deer trail.only saw him running rabbits hes just about 10 yards too slow behind the rabbits

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:03 am