Invision Outdoors

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Invision Outdoors

A hunting community to help us learn from one another

4 posters

Newfoundland bound!

buckbuster217
    buckbuster217
    Fork Horn

Newfoundland bound! Empty Newfoundland bound!

Post by buckbuster217 Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:39 pm

We got confirmation yesterday for our black bear hunt, we will be hunting May 25th to the 31st 2014 with Ocean side country outfitters. They have a very high success rate with spring bears, have several taken every year over 500 pounds and the camp record is 689 pounds. The outfitter stay at the lodge with you and he is one of the guides and she is the cook, the lodge is located right on the Atlantic ocean in the Notre Dame bay, included in the cost is trout and lobster fishing in the mornings and one morning a guided boat tour to see iceburgs and whales. Weather permitting there is also a clam and lobster boil on a small island for lunch, the outfitters motto is "come as a client, leave as a friend", We can hunt with bow or rifle we just need to let him know in advance so he can adjust stands accordingly, the other two in my group are definately using rifles but I'm still up in the air on which, I would really like to take a bear with my bow, I sent the outfitter an E-mail last night seeing if I could use my bow the first few days and if no bear then switch to my .308 for the last couple days. I plan on taking plenty of pics and depending on how we travel I may film my hunt.
    IOBSpears
    IOBSpears
    10 Point

Newfoundland bound! Empty Re: Newfoundland bound!

Post by IOBSpears Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Sounds Awesome man, Definitely sounds like a trip where memories will be made. I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted.
    I.O. Eric
    I.O. Eric
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Eric Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 am

I want to see some pictures !!! Best of luck and happy for ya Tad !!!
    buckbuster217
    buckbuster217
    Fork Horn

Post by buckbuster217 Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks guys, there will definately be plenty of pics as this is really a trip of a lifetime for me. Gonna be a long drive for the 3 of us but I think it will definately be worth it!
    I.O. KyleDew
    I.O. KyleDew
    10 Point

Post by I.O. KyleDew Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:21 am

Can't wait to see the pics!! Hope you have a lot of fun bud!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:48 pm