Invision Outdoors

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Invision Outdoors

A hunting community to help us learn from one another

4 posters

Turkey season

I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Turkey season Empty Turkey season

Post by I.O. Jess Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:54 pm

Haven't been having that great of a turkey season. Did have two gobblers that I really wanted to shoot but things just didn't work out. Still going at it though...hoping to bust a bird soon.

Turkey season 7c775b3d-d911-4724-9c03-aa609e892fd4_zps1f474581
    I.O. Eric
    I.O. Eric
    12 Point

Turkey season Empty Re: Turkey season

Post by I.O. Eric Wed May 01, 2013 9:37 am

I got close this morning.....picture perfect...3 birds I got on them in the roost...they flew down to 50 yards in front of me...they started walking away and I hit the Hendershot call and here they came...1 bird got to within 30 yards so I let it have it..."I thought"...he fly up into a try and then into the bottom like I hadn't even shot at him...not sure what happened...
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Jess Wed May 01, 2013 3:28 pm

That sucks! Must have ducked the shot...lol. At least you got to shoot at one though.
    I.O. Eric
    I.O. Eric
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Eric Thu May 02, 2013 10:15 am

had 3 going this morning but they decided to go straight down to the bottom...and then gone !!!
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Jess Thu May 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Had two going at 6:30AM on the Roost. About 7 I did a couple yelps and a couple fly down cackles. Had a gobbler shock gobble and then got him a little vocal after that and sounded fairly close, but didn't see him anywhere. Then heard another in a different spot on the property. I would call to him and he would gobble and would be quiet for a few and he would gobble a bunch of times in a row looking waiting for me to respond. He just kept doing it over and over again. Then he stopped and shortly after I heard a gun shot. Man had him so fired up and then nothing...did call a hen in 25 yrds from me...lol. Not bad for my first morning out all by myself Smile
    I.O. KyleDew
    I.O. KyleDew
    10 Point

Post by I.O. KyleDew Thu May 02, 2013 10:29 pm

You want to call the ones with the beards and the red heads in not the ones with gray heads Jess! lol
    G3
    G3
    Admin

Post by G3 Sat May 04, 2013 9:34 am

I finally get to start on Sunday...been a long wait listening to everyone already out getting after them.
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Jess Tue May 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Lol....I called in the one with the beard and patriotic head, but missed him at 10yards on May 3rd. I called him in off the roost, down a hill, over a creek, and up the hill to me...lol. Can't believe I missed! Hard to hit him that close while he was moving. It is all good though...it was awesome calling in my first gobbler all by myself. I normally hunting with others and it was all me for the second time this season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:23 pm