Invision Outdoors

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Invision Outdoors

A hunting community to help us learn from one another

3 posters

deer hunting techniques

Maslow1
    Spike Horn

deer hunting techniques Empty deer hunting techniques

Post by Maslow1 Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 pm

anybody got special ways they deer hunt.me myself i just grab my orange vest.my bibs and 12 gauge and slugs and hit the woods for an all day outing in the woods with nothing but my gun and hunter orange with me.i dont take deer calls or none of that stuff.as for when its cold i stick it out and stay in the woods i dont go home even if im freezing and shaking.
    G3
    G3
    Admin

deer hunting techniques Empty Re: deer hunting techniques

Post by G3 Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Tactics depend on the time of year, where I am hunting, and what I am hunting with. Sometimes I am hunting specific buck beds, other times I am sitting in transition areas, and other times I am on all day sits. I will add some of my tactics in upcoming posts. Each one containing a different style of hunting...either way they seem to work for me
    deer hunting techniques 7
    Maslow1
    Spike Horn

Post by Maslow1 Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:08 pm

myself i just grab my gun and hunting stuff and just go sit in the woods.i dont hunt a specific way or area.i just sit in the woods and wait and watch for deer
    G3
    G3
    Admin

Post by G3 Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:20 am

nick12 wrote:myself i just grab my gun and hunting stuff and just go sit in the woods.i dont hunt a specific way or area.i just sit in the woods and wait and watch for deer

Nick, what state do you live in? If you would like some help on ideas on set ups and scouting to help you find more successful spots to hunt you can post pictures of topo maps and I will do my best to help you find specific areas to target on the properties you hunt.
    Maslow1
    Spike Horn

Post by Maslow1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:14 pm

i live in zanesville ohio.ive been hunting on the trivalley wildlife area.its public hunting ground in adamsville ohio
    I.O. Eric
    I.O. Eric
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Eric Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:50 am

go in after season and see what sign is left. This will give you an idea of how many deer use that area for late season. Also you can see if deer use that area as their growing grounds, either dropping young ones or growing new antlers. If you can find where the bucks are before someone else gets a chance to get in on them you will really increase your chances. Scout but dont intrude.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:24 am