Invision Outdoors

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Invision Outdoors

A hunting community to help us learn from one another

+4
buckbuster217
IOBSpears
G3
I.O. Jess
8 posters

What type of deer calls do you use?

I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

What type of deer calls do you use? Empty What type of deer calls do you use?

Post by I.O. Jess Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:12 am

So I just started to use deer calls this past season. I've never had any deer even respond to them. I was curious: What type of calls do you find has been successful for you?
    I have my dad's old Lynch grunt and a Primos Estrus can bleat that is not in the best working order anymore.

Last edited by IO Jess on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    G3
    G3
    Admin

What type of deer calls do you use? Empty Re: What type of deer calls do you use?

Post by G3 Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:11 am

I have all kinds of calls pack in my bag. I use rattle antlers, grunt call, snort wheeze, estrous bleat. I use them sparingly, but when you just cant seem to get his attention one of those calls usually gets him heading your way.
    For what it is worth I never blind call anymore, I never had it work...I like to be able to see the deer before I call to it, that way I know where he is, what he is doing, and can be sure that he doesnt pick me off in the tree when I am calling.
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

What type of deer calls do you use? Empty Re: What type of deer calls do you use?

Post by I.O. Jess Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:17 am

Good advise...

IOBSpears
    IOBSpears
    10 Point

Post by IOBSpears Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:38 pm

I tend to rattle in late October early November with much success. All vocalization calls I use sparingly. One thing is for sure they only work right place right time.
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Jess Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:59 pm

That makes since to rattle during that time. Maybe I should give that a try...I have never used them
    buckbuster217
    buckbuster217
    Fork Horn

Post by buckbuster217 Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:11 pm

I have a Primos Up Roar ( I think thats what its named) and a bleat can but I can say that i never use them, I have had fair success rattling in late Oct to early Nov. but its usually younger bucks that have come in.
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Jess Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:43 pm

What is the Primos Up Roar? Is it a grunt or something ?
    I.O. KyleDew
    I.O. KyleDew
    10 Point

Post by I.O. KyleDew Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:21 am

I carry the primos buck roar, primos can calls, and a set of rattling horns. I try to bring almost every call i have with me during the rut bc you never know what it is going to take to get that big buck in.
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Jess Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 am

Very true Kyle...
    I.O. DARREN DEW
    I.O. DARREN DEW
    8 Poimt

Post by I.O. DARREN DEW Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:00 am

I use the bleat in heat, grunt tube.
    I.O. Eric
    I.O. Eric
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Eric Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:08 pm

grunt call with me every trip out....just to let the neighborhood know a buck is around...rattle-grunt-doe bleets during the rut and late late season....
    Johngutierrez
    Johngutierrez

Post by Johngutierrez Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:17 pm

I've had my best luck with Primos can calls...
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Jess Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Loving this feed back....seems like everyone uses slightly different combinations and mostly during rut. Very nice information to know...
    Johngutierrez
    Johngutierrez

What type of deer calls do you use? Empty calls

Post by Johngutierrez Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Ive had real good luck with the Primos can calls. I've called in a nember of bucks with it. Snort wheeze works pretty good at times as well. I always have rattling antlers along but its reall hit and miss where i hunt. My first bow kill was a buck that I rattled in.
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Jess Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:10 am

Sweet John! Thanks for sharing that with us! I've got all my deer from being lucky that particular one came through. I can pattern the does well, but the bucks I see that are any good is during the Rut.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:20 pm