Invision Outdoors

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Invision Outdoors

A hunting community to help us learn from one another

5 posters

Blast from the Past---First Deer

I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Blast from the Past---First Deer Empty Blast from the Past---First Deer

Post by I.O. Jess Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:59 pm

My very first deer ever!! I believe I was 11 years old when I shot her. Funny story behind shooting her. It was in the afternoon and we were riding through the neighbors property to get to a spot to try to find some. Then through the woods we seen a couple deer standing off the riding trail. So I got off and was able to load the gun and get in position. I pulled the trigger and nothing happened....rookie mistake forgot to shut off the safety...lol. Okay, then I got the safety off and finally shot...another rookie mistake I got excited and didn't even aim at the shoulder...lol. I shot her right in the butt! LOL....I shot her and a nice buck ran out from behind her and I was like Dang it! That doe didn't go more then 30 yrds and went down. Now that I think back to it...I am suprised she went down so quick. It was for sure a hunt I won't forget! I was releived to get her after hunting the whole weekend...lol.

Blast from the Past---First Deer Ed3b6999-1377-46d2-b50c-27bf99be30b0_zps7e7336bb
    I.O. Eric
    I.O. Eric
    12 Point

Blast from the Past---First Deer Empty Re: Blast from the Past---First Deer

Post by I.O. Eric Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 am

rookie mistakes...we have all done them....love the write up and the smile in the picture.
    buckbuster217
    buckbuster217
    Fork Horn

Post by buckbuster217 Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Aint that the truth Eric! great story and the pic is priceless, I still remember my first deer like it was yesterday.
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Jess Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Lol...thanks guys! This was back when I knew nothing about hunting deer...lol. It is hard to believe it has been 10 years and I have learned so much! I was so luck to have had my Uncle Rod and awesome family friend Randy out with me to show there support that day. That day changed my life Smile. I hunted other small game before deer...pheasant, grouse, dove, groundhog, rabbit and squirrel. Never had any luck with any of those so finally got to hunt deer and had success my first season hunting those....I was hooked! Since that day, hunting was more then just hunting...it was a passion.
    I.O. KyleDew
    I.O. KyleDew
    10 Point

Post by I.O. KyleDew Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:18 am

Nice story Jessica!! Everyone makes rookie mistakes when we first start. Trust me, i have done worse than that. lol
    G3
    G3
    Admin

Post by G3 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:41 am

Nothing like the first one! I wish I had taken pictures back when I started deer hunting. The memories are still very vivid but no pictures to remember by. It is fun to think back to all of the things you tried and the things you wouldnt even think about doing today...the mistakes are all part of learning.
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Jess Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:54 am

Lol...Kyle every year I end up making some type of mistake...I learn something new every season too. Mostly things like what and when not to do something.
    I.O. Jess
    I.O. Jess
    12 Point

Post by I.O. Jess Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:57 am

G3...Taking pictures has always been a big thing in my family. My dad nor my mom was with me when I got my first deer so having that picture was more for them at the time and now it is a nice to have for the memories.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:54 am